We offer the following:
- A well-established hostel-type residential centre offering a personalised service
- Full board including continental breakfast, packed lunch, evening meal
- A multi-purpose games hall with table tennis, badminton, table football and pool table
- Approval by the Direction Départmentale du Ministère de la Jeunesse et des Sports (Youth activities) and Education Nationale (State Schools)
- Teachers’ lounge
- French language support either formally by themed teaching or informally in the restaurant and tuck shop
- Disabled accessibility
- Outings and visits with transport can also be organised on request
- Sports pitches a short walk away in the village for football and rounders among others with Breton boules a short walk across the square.
Although our accommodation and super restaurant facilities are our core products, we can also facilitate a number of themed activities working with our local partners. These can be shaped for your stay and adapted to the level and size of your group.
Le Quiou and its surrounding area is rich in history and we can coordinate related courses in geology, natural history, history and outdoor sport and recreation. These combined with excursions to St Malo, Rennes, Dinan, Mont St Michel or WW2/Dday interpretation centres make Centre Le Page a great all-round proposition!
Currently, themes include:
- The Gallo-Roman Villa of le Quiou: guided visits (conducted by the Pierres Vives association) to this, the premier Roman site in Brittany
- Léhon: awarded the title of “Little City of Character” with its ruined XIth century castle, old houses, fantastic floral displays, the VIth century ancient abbey Saint Magloire and the restored ruins of the feudal manor house.
- Dinan: fabulous Medieval city enclosed by three kilometres of imposing ramparts; typical Tudor-style beamed houses, narrow alleys, the old port and craft workshops; celebrated churches of St Sauveur and St Malo. Guided ‘Jeu de l’Oie’ detective activity and workshops.
- La Maison des Faluns: with a permanent exhibition « Odyssée en Mer des Faluns» of interactive displays, this centre allows you to understand local geology, architecture, culture and environment centred on the sedimentary fossil-filled Falun stone of the area, dating from prehistoric times when the West of Brittany was an island and our region was at the bottom of the sea.
- Château de la Bourbansais and gardens: zoo and animal attractions including hunting pack displays and falconry.
- Dol-de-Bretagne: Discovery of the traditional secrets and skills of cathedral-building and stone masonry through workshops and interactive guided visits.
- Maison de la Rance: Various nature rambles on foot, bicycle or by boat togain a 360 degree awareness of the natural environment. Opportunities to see craftsmen at work: fishing and foraging, “Land’art”, nature photography, guided nature trips covering recycling, conservation and the water cycle, renewable energy and much more.
- Ferme de la Salamandre – Goats and lambs; 100% organic cheesemaking.
- Bétineuc Lake: watersports centre – sailing and kayaking, artificial beach and swimming, about a mile from Centre Le Page.
- Horse Riding: courses, lessons, hacking
- Centre Equestre “Les Faluns” at Tréfumel
- Ecurie des Petits Sabots at Evran
- Local walks: 7 local walks from 10 to 22km – route guides available.
- Cycling: this is cycling country! Numerous radial and round trip routes on Voies Vertes (national cycling routes), canal towpaths and quiet country roads.
- Breton boules ‘lanes’
- Village football pitch also suitable for rounders.
A Little Further:
- St Malo: walled city with vast maritime history, sea forts and beaches.
- Mont St Michel: stunning and unique historic site rising from the sea with houses from the 15th & 16th centuries, drawbridge, fortified ramparts, church and celebrated abbey.
- Cancale: Marine and oyster farm and vast oyster beds – oyster-tasting.
- Dinard: Interpretive centre for the Rance hydro-electric barrage. Guided visits possible.
- Rennes: Regional Parliament, Science museum and planetarium.
- Char à voile – Sand yachting on the beaches between St Malo and Mont St Michel
- Accrobranches - aerial ropeways through the trees - near Rennes and other locations.